ACE English Malta web-based services are brought to you by one of Malta's leading ELT schools. We have built our business since 2013 on the strength of the quality of our service and delivery and we therefore feel responsible for ensuring that the privacy of our users is appropriately protected at all times.
Privacy & Personal Information
Personal information is defined as being any information which can be linked to an identified or identifiable individual. If any information can be linked to you it becomes personal information and we therefore take great care when collecting and processing such information in order to protect the privacy of our users.
Collecting your Personal Information
When you register, and in any visit subsequent to registration, we collect your information by asking you directly when you wish to use certain services e.g. e-mail, during the registration process we require you to complete certain fields, by tracking your visit to our site and your preferences when accessing various parts. By learning more about your preferences we can better customise your use of our services as well as provide direct advertising of products and services in which you may be interested. One way of tracking your visits is through the use of "cookies" about which you may find more details below.
Fair and Lawful Purposes for Collecting your Information
We collect your personal information for four main purposes:
- Operational - in order to be able to provide the right service you require which may depend on the hardware & software installed in your home or office
Selective information channelling - in order to know which news or other information you prefer to read first, thus saving you time.
- Direct marketing and advertising - bringing you information about products and services which may be of interest to you.
Enable you to participate in special offers, updates and competitions. Using your Information ACE English Malta uses your personal information to:
- Select the news and information which it knows you are normally interested in so that this will appear next time you log on;
- Know your preferences and direct advertising for products and services in which you may be interested. We do this by deciding which advertising banners and displays you get to see by sending you e-mails about a specific offer. In this way we can support the services we offer you without revealing your personal information to those suppliers who may wish to promote their products and services. This means that we do NOT need to give your personal information to suppliers and sponsors. Instead they tell us what they wish to promote and the categories of people they would like to reach and then only ACE English Malta know whom we need to target. Thus, ACE English Malta acts as a middleman between the advertiser and you the customer.
- From time to time we may run contests on our site in which we ask participants for contact information, e.g., their email addresses. If you participate in contests, your contact information will be used primarily to reach you in connection with the contests. We may also use the collected contact information to send you information about ACE English Malta, our services and selected sponsors. You may opt to receive such mailings at the time of registration for the contest. If you do not opt to receive such information, we will not contact you.
- Your Right to Access and Control your Personal Information
To make sure that you can control your personal information ACE English Malta enables you to:
- view the personal information we hold about you;
- request that any personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant or out-of-date be amended or deleted;
- choose to stop using our services and have your personal information deleted, if such deletion is permissible by law and/or will not prejudice ACE English Malta's position at law;
ACE English Malta has invested in various technical and organisational security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example: we have built our systems with your privacy in mind at the design stage. ACE English Malta employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services must comply with strict security rules. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences;
Protecting your Sensitive Data
While all your personal information is protected by ACE English Malta using the various precautions and measures described above, some information is even more sensitive than others. ACE English Malta considers this type of personal information to be particularly sensitive and therefore, as an additional safeguard, only stores them in encrypted mode.
Legal Requirements and How Long we keep Personal Information
ACE English Malta may be required by law to:
- Disclose certain personal information for purposes of law enforcement or national security;
- Store personal information for various periods of time (e.g. in connection with tax laws);
- As a rule ACE English Malta will not store your personal data for a period of more than ten years.