About our Internship
The ACE English Malta Internship programme allows you to benefit from one of our short English courses, and at the same time to gain an unpaid internship placement within the school, giving you the opportunity to gain practical experience within an English-speaking organisation where you are involved in learning English from both the student-side and staff-side. This is a whole other way to immerse yourself in English-speaking and -learning, while at the same time giving you a leg-up professionally within the support and safety of ACE's busy but welcoming environment. Improve your English, add international work and varied kinds of experience to your CV, and gain a competitive edge in your career. Join the ACE team, and you can bring your English skills into immediate use by helping us to provide the best possible service to all students.
|All year round|
|You need to be at least 17 years old or over|
|An Upper-Intermediate level of English is required by most companies (Additional English classes will be needed if your level is lower than Upper-Intermediate)|
|2 weeks of ACE GRP 20 – (20 lessons per week)|
Why choose an internship with ACE?
- Gain international work experience in Malta
- Improve your English language skills through the immediate, day-to-day demands of working through English
- Put your English skills to the test through working with native English speakers and high-level English speakers, experiencing more real-world workplace interactions in English
- Choose from a wide variety of professional placements in fields such as Tourism, Education, Hospitality, Finance, Engineering, Events Management, Human Resources, Computing and IT, Marketing and Public Relations.
- Receive expert help and support to help you prepare your CV and cover letter and practise job interview skills
- Benefit from our lessons and achieve a balance of studying and working in English
- Network and form contact and connections
Additional benefits include:
- Attendance at in-company training sessions
- A mentor who may be able to act as a referee for you in future job applications
FAQ - Frenquently Asked Questions
Why choose Malta?
How to proceed to enrolment?
- Send us your CV and covering letter in English outlining our areas of interest
- Send us the requested dates for the internship and the deposit (30%) which is not refundable.
- ACE English Malta will send you the optional positions available
- Once the internship is selected, you will be put in direct contact with the Company for an interview on skype prior to your arrival to Malta. ACE English Malta guarantees a max of 3 interviews.
- If the student is going to be unsuccessful, ACE English Malta will provide coaching and interview techniques in order to be successful in the next interview schedule.
- ACE English Malta and the Internship Company will issue a reference letter with an assessment of your work placement and English course
Why choose ACE English Malta?
- Wide choice of Maltese and International companies on our database
- Wide selection of English courses to improve your English skills to complement your work experience
- A large variety of leisure and social activities offered
- Mix with students from all countries of the world
Am I paid for it?
No, the internship offers hands-on experience but no remuneration.