ACE English Malta is a specialist in providing excellent group services. We offer a complete package that can be entirely designed according to your group’s needs. Our attention to service is ideal for groups of students aged between 8-18 years old that wish to improve their language skills in General English or in a particular field of interest. We tailor the content of the classes and the activities/excursions for all groups, and therefore, for this reason it is important to send us all your specific requirements. ACE English Malta can organise specialised courses from a few days to several weeks, and for ‘closed groups’ we can start classes any day of the week at any time of year.
Our English courses are designed to suit your academic requirements following your own school syllabus, preparation for Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE & CPE Examinations (including PON in Italy and any other EU funding project) and General English for communication. We combine your academic requirements with a cultural experience by organising different activities and excursions around the Maltese islands. This encourages students to practice their English in real-life situations and boosts students’ language confidence. We have a wide range of programmes for you to choose from but we can also design a unique course exclusively for you. Your students will take home some fantastic memories of their time in Malta, while the course at ACE English Malta will make a difference to your students’ performance and confidence.
The syllabus can be designed to focus on any of the following areas:
• English for Academic Purposes
• Business English
• Study skills
• English for CLIL (Art, Math, Chemistry, Literature, Eu law, etc.)
• Maltese life and culture
• English language exam preparation
• English project
Classes run from Mondays to Fridays. 15 hours minimum per week but can be increased to 22.5 hours.
Activities & Excursions
We can tailor-make the programme to suit your needs:
• Welcome meeting (afternoon)
• Guided tours (half day or full day)
• Sport (afternoon/evening)
• Treasure hunt (half day)
• Quiz (afternoon/evening)
• Cinema/DVD session (afternoon/evening)
• Farewell night
• School Visits & Integration Programme (available between November and March).
• Heritage Malta educational talk and visit (available between October and May).
• Company visit on request (morning/afternoon)
ACE English Malta has specially selected host families that we use for ‘closed groups’, which means that all your students are in the same area. All our host families are carefully selected to provide a safe and welcoming home environment. Sharing room on full board (with a packed lunch) accommodation for the students and single room full board (with a packed lunch) for the leader. When students stay in host families the leader can choose to be accommodated in a hotel. Alternatively, we can provide hotel accommodation for the group on full board (with packed lunch). We work closely with the Bay Street Hotel (in the same complex as the school). A hot snack lunch is available at a supplementary charge from Monday to Friday.
ACE English Malta organises the airport transfers for the group on arrival and on departure. We can provide private buses for the group and/ or help with public transport, arranging weekly passes if required.
Tell us as much information as you can about your group, for example:
• the number of people in the group
• their level of English
• the dates they would like to come
• the number of hours they would like to study
• the type of accommodation they prefer
• their preferences for social activities and excursions
• whether they would like to be taught together in a closed group or integrated into a scheduled course (subject to age and availability)
We then give you a quote for your group programme and give you different options to present to your group. We provide accommodation and free tuition for the group leader, (depending on the size of your group.) Before and during the group stay we give support and advice to the group leader to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible.
Student Packages include:
• Accommodation in sharing room on full board including packed lunch
• Closed group lessons (20 or 30 lessons per week)
• Course Materials
• ACE English Malta Certificate
• Daily school bus transport (if necessary)
• Closed Group ‘End of Course’ Report
• Maltese Sim Card
• Meet & Greet at airport by our representative in English
• Welcome Pack (including Map & Student card)
• 24 hours Emergency Contact Number
• Airport transfers arrival and departure
• Activities (movie afternoon and treasure hunt afternoon)